2018 Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® vs 2018 Audi A4 Quattro
The small luxury sedan class features a great selection of vehicles, each of which offers a stylish exterior design and a comfortable, high-class interior complete with the latest technology equipment. As two of the most popular models in the segment, the Mercedes-Benz C-Class and Audi A4 stand out from the crowd.
Here, luxury car shoppers can get learn about notable differences and similarities between the 2018 Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® and 2018 Audi A4 quattro to help determine which one is right for them. Then, they can get behind the wheel and make a well-informed buying decision.
|2018 Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC®||VS||2018 Audi A4 Quattro|
|241-hp, 2.0-liter I-4||Base Engine||252-hp, 2.0-liter I-4|
|5 Stars||NHTSA Crash Test Ratings - Frontal Crash, Driver||4 Stars|
In terms of performance, both the Mercedes-Benz C-Class and Audi A4 are equipped with 2.0-liter I-4 engines and 7-speed automatic transmissions. Even though they have similar powertrains, the C-Class is able to deliver more horsepower and torque than the A4. The C-Class also comes standard with rear-wheel drive, while the A4 has front-wheel drive. Each model offers its own unique, eye-catching exterior style as well as a comfortable interior with plenty of room for five passengers and their gear. The 2018 C-Class comes with 10-way power adjustable front seats, compared to the Audi A4’s 8-way adjustable seats, in addition to lumbar support for both the driver and the front passenger. The Mercedes-Benz C-Class base trim also offers available adaptive cruise control and cooled front seats, both of which are only available on higher trims of the Audi A4.
2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class 4MATIC® in New Rochelle NY
Although the 2018 Audi A4 has plenty of positive qualities, the Mercedes-Benz C-Class sets itself apart in multiple ways. In addition to the elements mentioned above, the 2018 C-Class also offers several key features, such as:
- Fuel-saving ECO Start/Stop system
- PARKTRONIC with Active Parking Assist
- Active Parking Assist helps you size up parallel-parking spaces as you drive by, using sensors in the bumper to determine if a spot can fit your car. It then expertly steers the car into the space while you control the brakes and gear selection.
- The PRESAFE® system can sense that a collision might be imminent, and help prepare for it by tightening the front seat belts, adjusting the front head restraints and passenger seat, and can even close the windows and sunroof, all to better prepare the occupants for more effective results from the restraint systems.
- Blind Spot Assist
- When the vehicle is traveling above approximately 20 mph, this system uses radar technology to sense when a vehicle enters the blind-spot area. Blind Spot Assist then automatically alerts the driver via an illuminated red icon in the appropriate side mirror. The system also gives an audible warning if the driver activates a turn signal while a vehicle is detected in the blind spot.
- Active Lane Keeping Assist
- Active Lane Keeping Assist helps detect unintended drifting off-course, and alerts you by vibrating the steering wheel. If you continue to drift, it can selectively brake individual wheels to help guide the car back into its lane.
- PRESAFE® Brake with Pedestrian Recognition
- At speeds of up to approximately 35 mph, its Pedestrian Recognition feature can help detect if pedestrians have entered in your path and automatically apply the brakes.
- Head-Up Display
- Burmester Surround Sound
- KEYLESS GO®
Drivers who would like to experience the 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class in New Rochelle, NY can schedule a test drive with our team at Mercedes-Benz of New Rochelle.