2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class 4MATIC® vs 2017 Audi A8
The 2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class really embodies what it means to be a true luxury vehicle. In fact, the sedan comes equipped with a huge variety of advanced features that cost extra or aren't even available on many competitors. The sedan is a step above its class in terms of refinement and luxury, but how does it compare to its toughest competitors?
Enter the 2017 Audi A8 quattro. Our team at Mercedes-Benz New Rochelle is putting the 2017 S-Class head-to-head against this high-quality luxury vehicle, and we're breaking down the key features and specifications of both. Keep reading to learn why the 2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class is definitely deserving of your attention!
|2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class 4MATIC®||VS||2017 Audi A8|
|449-hp, 4.7-liter V-8||Engine||333-hp, 3.0-liter V-6|
|449 @ 5,250 rpm||Horsepower||333 @ 5,500 rpm|
|Starting at $99,600*||MSRP||Starting at $82,500|
|9-speed auto w/OD and auto-manual||Transmission||8-speed auto w/OD and auto-manual|
2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class New Rochelle, NY
Wondering what other features set the 2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class 4MATIC® apart from other competitive vehicles in its class? The vehicle comes equipped with a huge variety of advanced safety features that cost extra on most competitors, including:
- 4MATIC® all-wheel drive
- Active Parking Assist
- Advanced feature that uses sensors mounted on the vehicle's bumper to help the driver determine if the car can fit in a parking spot. If it can, the system steers the vehicle into the space while the driver controls the brakes and gear selection.
- Advanced safety feature that protects drivers and passengers in the event of a collision by tightening seat belts, adjusting front head restraints, and closing the windows and sunroofs if the system detects a collision is imminent.
- Blind Spot Assist
- Advanced safety feature that uses wave-radar sensors to detect when a vehicle enters the blind spot area. If a vehicle is detected in the blind spot area, the driver will be alerted with visual cues. The system will also audibly warn the driver that there is a vehicle in the blind spot area if the driver activates the turn signal.
- Active Lane Keeping Assist
- Advanced safety feature that monitors lane lanes to keep driver within the lane. If the system notices that the vehicle is unintentionally drifting from its lane, the driver will be alerted with a vibrating steering wheel. If the unintentional drifting doesn't stop after the warning signal, the system will apply brakes to individual wheels to guide the vehicle back into its lane
- Head-Up Display
- Burmester Surround Sound
Interested in learning more about all the impressive features and specifications the 2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class has to offer? Feel free to contact a member of our team here at Mercedes-Benz of New Rochelle, and we'll fill you in on everything you need to know. We'll also introduce you to the 2017 S-Class in person, and let you get behind the wheel for an obligation-free test drive!
*MSRP does not include transportation charge. Excludes options, taxes, title, registration, [and dealer prep]. Options, model availability, and price may vary. [See dealer for details.]
**Best performance on snow and ice obtained with winter tires. Please always drive carefully, consistent with road conditions.
***PRESAFE® closes the side windows when the system's sensors detect side movements that suggest a possible rollover. A small gap is left near the fully closed position. Seat and head restraints adjust only when equipped with memory system.