2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class 4MATIC® vs 2017 BMW 7-Series
When it comes to choosing the right luxury SUV, you want to be sure you are investing in the model that best suits you and your lifestyle. Although there are plenty of exceptional options, the Mercedes-Benz S-Class 4MATIC® and BMW 7-Series remain two of the most sought-after cars in the segment.
Drivers who are unsure which model is right for them can utilize the information below to learn about key differences and similarities between the 2017 Mercedes-Benz S-class 4MATIC® and 2017 BMW 7-Series before getting behind the wheel and making a final buying decision.
|2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class 4MATIC®||VS||2017 BMW 750|
|449-hp, 4.7 liter V-8||
445-hp, 4.4-liter V-8
|449 @ 5,250 rpm||Horsepower||445 @ 5,500 rpm|
|9-speed auto w/OD and auto-manual||Transmission||8-speed auto w/OD and auto-manual|
2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class 4MATIC® New Rochelle NY
Although the 2017 BMW 7-Series has plenty of positive qualities, the Mercedes-Benz S-Class sets itself apart in multiple ways. In addition to the elements mentioned above, the 2017 S-Class also offers several key features, such as:
- Fuel-saving ECO Start/Stop system
- PARKTRONIC with Active Parking Assist
- Active Parking Assist helps you size up parallel-parking spaces as you drive by, using sensors in the bumper to determine if a spot can fit your car. It then expertly steers the car into the space while you control the brakes and gear selection.
- The PRESAFE® system can sense that a collision might be imminent, and help prepare for it by tightening the front seat belts, adjusting the front head restraints and passenger seat, and can even close the windows and sunroof, all to better prepare the occupants for more effective results from the restraint systems.
- Blind Spot Assist
- When the vehicle is traveling above approximately 20 mph, this system uses radar technology to sense when a vehicle enters the blind-spot area. Blind Spot Assist then automatically alerts the driver via an illuminated red icon in the appropriate side mirror. The system also gives an audible warning if the driver activates a turn signal while a vehicle is detected in the blind spot.
- Active Lane Keeping Assist
- Active Lane Keeping Assist helps detect unintended drifting off-course, and alerts you by vibrating the steering wheel. If you continue to drift, it can selectively brake individual wheels to help guide the car back into its lane.
- PRESAFE® Brake with Pedestrian Recognition
- At speeds of up to approximately 35 mph, its Pedestrian Recognition feature can help detect if pedestrians have entered in your path and automatically apply the brakes.
- Head-Up Display
- Burmester Surround Sound
- KEYLESS GO®
When you are ready to experience the 2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class in New Rochelle, NY, you can schedule a test drive with our team at Mercedes-Benz of New Rochelle.